1:30 – 1:45 Introductions
1:45 – 1:50 Why stories?
1:50 – 2:05 Social Media overview
2:05 – 2:15 Exercise: What are NY Times commenters saying?
2:15 – 2:30 Tools: Flickr & Animoto & Twitter
2:30 – 3:15 Exercise: Make a blog post designed to attract comments
3:15 – 3:30 Show & Tell/Wrap Up/Evaluation
Workshop Slides (.pptx)
Exercise 1: What are NY Times commenters saying?
Exercise 2: Make a blog post designed to attract comments
- Create a WordPress blog: http://web.unc.edu/
- Pick 5 Creative Commons photos on Flick to help tell your story: http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/
- Make a video with your photos at Animoto: http://animoto.com/cause
- While your video is processing, make a Twitter widget: http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets
- Embed your Animoto video and Twitter widget on your new blog
- Please fill out this evaluation survey! http://j.mp/TrainingEvaluation
- Informal feedback and discussion